Saturday, March 10, 2012

Kumamon and Me!

Kumamon came to my school... randomly. It was a surprise visit. It's Kumamon's 2nd year "Birthday" and he is making the rounds putting smiles on everyone's faces.



Kumamon is Kumamoto Prefecture's mascot. He is part of a campaigner to boost tourism to Kumamoto prefecture. And he is working big time! Last year alone he generate seven million dollars in tourist revenue.


If you still don't know what Kumamon is, or don't fully grasp his appeal, this blog explains it very well.

2 comments:

Shannon M. said...

I'm the person who wrote the blog entry about Kumamon's appeal, and I have to say, I am so jealous! I'd kill to meet him someday!

Kumamon is my favorite character ever, and I'd like to know more about what he was like. Is he nice? Does he enjoy hugs?

I'm kinda surprised at how short he is!

-Shannon M.

Tristan D. Vick said...

Yeah, a lot of people in town I know are jealous too! lol He's always on the move, so it's rare to get the opportunity to shake hands and pet the cute lil' thing.