Friday, June 20, 2008

Blue Hawaii in Japan


This new soda is another great seasonal beverage, which may or may not be unique to Japan. You'll all have to tell me if America has this new Pepsi flavor, since I'm not on the down low. This time, for summer, Pepsi has released a rather fruity cocktail blend soda of Pineapple and Lemon. However, I must say I was surprised that it was actually pretty good. Pinapple fruit mix doesn't sound like it would be a good "pop" but it actually tasted like a blue snow-cone. And we all love blue snow-cones. So, yeah, a beverage to satisfy the sweet tooth in all of us. (Sorry for the blurry picture, but I took it on my cell)



A while back the "Final Fantasy" video game franchise celebrated its 30th anniversary and released a collectible beverage wrapped in a sleek sexy can. It was basically a lemon-lime drink, called a "magic potion" (fitting), and had a flavor reminiscent of a sour 7-Up with a dash of Mountain Dew. I thought it was delicious enough--but for a limited time only. I picked up a few because the CG-Art on the cans was absolutely gorgeous to look at. I collected about half of the characters on display. You Final Fantasy buffs may know the characters better than I do, but there's Sephiroth, Tifa, Cloud, and Aerith. I have since recycled the alumi-cans, but saved the memory via this pic for all of you FF fans to drool over. Enjoy!

No comments: