Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tommy Lee Jones is an Alien: Part 1

In Japan Tommy Lee Jones is a spokes person for BOSS Coffee by Suntory. The commercials (or CM as they are called in Japan) are all related to Japanese culture. What's really great is that the point of view of the commentary is from an "outsiders" perspective. All the cultural things which intrigue outsiders about Japan, from Karaoke to Onsen to hostess bars and Japanese tanning salons, are included.

What's really great is that Tommy Lee Jones is doing these very traditional Japanese odd jobs... that as an outside observer like myself who is caught up in the Japan experience, I can't help but chuckle at these extremely well written commercials. And the fact that it's Tommy Lee Jones is so classic!

I hope you enjoy!











2 comments:

Dan Moeller said...

Haha, the laughter didn't hit me till the 2nd parking violation. I wonder if he speaks more than a little Japanese. I'm guessing not.

Dan Moeller said...

Haha, the humor didn't hit me until the 2nd parking ticket. It's pretty funny. I wonder if Jones can speak more than a little Japanese. I'm guessing not.