Sunday, April 09, 2006

Japanese cherry blossoms and Hanami


More Hanami in Japan

In Japan this time of year is the Hanami season (typically around late March to mid April), otherwise known as the flower festival when all the sakura (cherry blossoms) bloom and quickly fade away. All the people in Japan celebrate by having out door picnics and entire companies will have after work luncheons in the park. It's a wonderful time to celebrate the coming of spring.

I especially like these pictures because they show how many cherry blossoms the Japanese plant. The trees line both sides of the road from beginning to end! Just picture the full country instantly in bloom. It makes the air smell sweet and fresh, and the scenery is beautiful too.


Follow the yello brick road!

The yellow strip is to help people see the walking area and helps bycicles pass pedestrians. I love to ride up and down the streets on my bike when the cherry blossoms bloom. This is one of the things you must do if you ever come to Japan.


Flowers everywhere!

The neatest thing I saw was people who would just park their car off to the side, and sit and have a family picnic. During Hanami, I guess it doesn't matter where you eat, as long as you are near sakura (cherry blossoms).

1 comment:

Lady Hope said...

WOW

Thank you My Love for these amazing Pics!

I'm so happy to see more of…. "Sakura"!!

I have collected anime pics of girl called Sakura
and most of the time she is near Cherry Blossoms!

Now, I found out Why??? :)