Saturday, December 31, 2005

Are you Scared? How about now?


You will be scared! You WILL be.


Did you know that Defecaloesiophobia is the fear of painful bowel movements?

Or, how about Alektorophobia, the fear of chickens?

And Papaphobia, which would have you believe is the fear of your father, although close, is actually the fear of the Pope! Good gracious, me. There's even Lachanophobia which is an acute Fear of vegetables, not to be confused with Maserphobia -the Fear of Singaporeans, or people from Singapore. Oddly enough, it's a real fear. Not to mention my new favorite fear, metrophobea, the fear of poetry! That one really got to me, giggles, hiccups and all!

At the website http://www.aboutphobias.com/phobia_list.html#top#top you can check out all kinds of strange phobias. Some of these things had me in tears rolling on the ground I was laughing so hard!

Admittedly, this list of phobias is one of the funniest things I've ever read. Yet, also quite educational as well. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!

No comments: