Friday, June 17, 2005

Mini "S"


Dumb and Noisier

Here's what I like to call "S" 1 and "S" version 1.5, and between the two of them I think they may make only half a brain. Anyway, Dumb and Noisier here treat me like an outsider. It's kind of getting old, I tell you what, the offensiveness of these two!

Perched next to the stair case these outdated "S"s (yes there are many animals named "S" in this family as Grandpa Miyamoto was lucky enough to name them all. He happened to name all the animals the same. Whether that's ingenuity or lack of imagination I don't quite know. I'll leave the answer up to you, but at least now you know the rest of the story). This set of "S" are the 3rd set, as the bird versions of "S" seem to become outdated more often than not and newer versions are brought in to replace the old. That lug of a mut "S" the wonder dog is the 2nd version of dog "S". There were several cats before him too with the same namesake. What fun! I find the fact that all the animals are named the same quite funny. It's a wonder more parents don't name their children all the same. They can never remember their names later on anyway.

So the numb-butter-bird-squad here squak all the do-dah day long. Yet anytime my presence appears they just shut up and stare at me. Whether or not they are antagonizing me or entering into a staring contest I don't rightly know. What I do know is they never shut up for anyone or anytime until I appear. That's when they fidget, hop around on their wood bar, and blink at me furiously. There may be some meaning in that, but I haven't figured it out yet.

No comments: