Thursday, June 23, 2005

Many Tropical Flavors


Fanta Pineapple

One of the neat things about Japan is the variety of drinks. If you look at the picks of vending machines I have posted, you can see there are teas, coffees, juices, energy drinks, sodas, and a variety of flavors for each!

Above is something new that Coke sprung on us. Pineapple flavored soda! But the interesting flavors don't end there.


Want a drink? Hard choices when vending machines offer such variety.


miriad of treats

Next is a funny drink made by Sapporo (Cokes competition) and it is Melon Cream Soda. It taste like real melons too, which make for a weird sensation when all the fiz hits the tongue.


Melon Cream Soda

In the future I will update the different flavored drinks on this site, as they seem to be one of the most fascinating things one can enjoy while going to new and exciting places, especially foreign cultures.


Coke Products

Notice my 76 lubricants oil cap. I thought it was hillarious to have a cap that had the word "lubricants" written on it. Maybe that's just me though.

Aquarius (the big blue bottle) by Coke is my favorite sports drink in Japan. They just came out with Active Diet Aquarius which actually burns calories when you drink it. It's some kind of new active diet drink which works when you work. I don't know the exact science behind it, but it's sweet with a horrible bitter/dry aftertaste, however, it actually quenches the thirst. I'll get a pick of this strange drink up soon.

Another classic Japanese drink I like just so happens to make English speaking people laugh when they hear it for the first time. It's called Karupisu, which if you sound it out in the Japanese it sounds like you're saying "cow piss" in English (again I'll get a pic up soon). It's still hard not to break into a warm embarrassed grin when you get asked if you'd like to try a cup of "cow piss." But the drink is enjoyably good, so don't let the name fool you!

3 comments:

Astrid said...

All those choices! Life in Japan would be way too hard for me! I am never good in deciding what I want. So how's the selection of toothpastes?

Tristan Vick said...

Toothpaste is another story for another time! I will get to work on crafting the interesting and unique post about the strange Japanese toothpaste!

Astrid said...

I am glad to read that Japanese brush their teeth too. And sure, I hope to be around for another 209843920492345209374798573097 years, so I'll wait patiently for your post!